Microsoft Software Licensing
As a Microsoft service provider, NetShop Internet Services Ltd has the ability to provide Microsoft software licences through the Service Provider Licence Agreement (SPLA) program.
Microsoft SPLA (Service Provider Licence Agreement) is the original licensing program aimed specifically at a range of Service Providers. This type of licensing enables a low risk start-up for businesses, requiring no forecasting, up-front costs or any other commitments. It also helps individuals to pay in arrears for the licences they have used, instead of purchasing the software.
We offer a very flexible pricing scheme to suit all types of businesses, budgets and needs. Discounts are offered to charity, academic and Government partners. Promo codes are also available for long-term billing cycles, like 6 and 12 months subscriptions. All licensing comes inclusive of Software Assurance, so you can be sure you’ll always have access to the latest technology.
Software included in the program is available for licensing through two models:
- Per user (Subscriber Access Licence)
- Per processor (CPU Licence)
Subscriber Access Licence (SAL)
Whilst the traditional Microsoft licensing model separates licences between 'Server' and 'CAL', under the SPLA licensing scheme you license both Server and CAL with a Subscriber Access Licence (SAL).
The benefits of the SAL licensing model include:
- Subscribers can access multiple servers from multiple devices
Processor Licence (CPU)
Enables an unlimited number of end users to use the software running on a single processor.
- Are easy to monitor and count, lowering administrative costs
- Can replace Internet Connector licences, eliminating the need to distinguish between internet, intranet and external users
- Are economical across a variety of business scenarios where the use of the software may vary
- Rest assured our team of resident experts are on hand to advise on both licensing models to help you get what’s right for your business. You’ll soon realise there’s lots of benefits whatever agreement you go with so we’ll also make sure you get the most out of the choice you make.