The Internet can be considered as the most powerful thing ever invented in world history. Together with advanced technology and innovation, business owners are now engaging and investing most of their time, money, and effort creating a stable website for their company. This is where web hosting comes in. Web hosting is a business that provides technology products and services that a website or webpage needs on the Internet. Web hosts vary in different types, and one of those is cloud hosting.
In this article, we will give you a deeper understanding of how cloud-based hosting works, its benefits, pros and cons, and why you should consider it when you create your website.
Cloud Hosting and Its Essence
Cloud-based hosting is the process of computing resources from a cloud computing provider or host data, services, and solutions. In the past years, cloud-based hosting has been increasingly used and popular. If you’ve already tried going on the Internet to search for web hosting options, you might have encountered cloud-based hosting.
Another definition of cloud-based hosting is it is a virtual hardware and at the same time a network that serves as a storage for data from a cloud provider. Cloud-based hosting is enabled through virtualization and the computation of an infrastructure’s capacity is divided and distributed to multiple users at the same time. A physical server may be virtualized to host more than two servers, enabling them to share the same processor, memory, storage, network, and other resources.
The cloud is a virtual concept that started off as at different areas of technology and now has conquered the hosting area as well.
The main concept of cloud-based hosting is the “divide and rule”, which means that the resources that are required for maintaining and improving your website are scattered across to two or more web servers. Cloud-based hosting has been the latest form of hosting that became rapidly popular in many web hosting providers.
Difference between Cloud-Based Hosting and Cloud Hosting
A lot of misconceptions are around between the distinction of cloud-based and cloud-hosted websites, especially when it comes to PPM software. Both are different from each other, and people confuse both terms all the time.
Cloud-based applications are made particularly for cloud environments. These websites are hosted in original cloud infrastructure and are delivered in a software-as-a-service nature.
Advantages of cloud-based hosting are:
- It has shorter implementation times.
- It has no additional hardware or software installation required.
- A shared code enables a faster and quicker upgrade.
- It has broad expansion of computing resources.
On the other hand, cloud-hosted is where the software hosted on a dedicated server that is managed by a provider on behalf of the customer or client. On-premise applications are mostly available remotely. Compared to cloud-based, cloud-hosted apps are not made for multi-servers and might be harder to handle due to these factors.
- Due to server setup, software installation, and customization, initial implementation takes longer than cloud-based implementation.
- Each upgrades are specific to each server and are manually done.
- Expansion may require you to purchase setup of additional hardware, which will be more expensive.
How does cloud-based hosting work?
Cloud-based hosting can be easily understood if you know the basics. It starts with the server. Each server in the cloud helps in taking out a specific set of tasks, and in case any servers in cloud fail, another server serves as a back-up to provide the required resources.
Benefits of Cloud-Based Hosting
With cloud-based hosting, it guarantees you one thing: you get what you pay for, and you only pay for what you get. Here are the benefits of cloud-based hosting that can help you decide whether or not you should go for this type of web hosting.
- The pricing structure is affordable and customizable.
- It is very easy and convenient to use even up to scale server resources.
- Its uptime and availability is high
- Its setup process is fast
- It is safe from server hardware issues.
- Website speed and performance is fast and reliable.
- It is best for sites with great amount of traffic.
- Its server management dashboard is simple.
- It has a decreased overall environmental impact.
To know more about cloud-based hosting, refer here. You can also visit Netshop for more details about it. This company is operating in Cyprus, Malta, and the United Kingdom.