UPCOMING EVENT

Let's Meet during iFX EXPO International 2024 in Limassol, Cyprus (18-20 June)

Book a Meeting
  • +357 2425 0808
  • Login
  • English

Home

Blog

“City of Dreams – Mediterranean” the nam...

“City of Dreams – Mediterranean” the name of Cyprus casino

“City of Dreams – Mediterranean” the name of Cyprus casino

NetShop ISP

NetShop ISP · Blog Author

Jan 10, 2018 · Archive

The new Casino Resort in Cyprus operated and majority owned by Melco is to be called “City of Dreams – Mediterranean” following Chairman Lawrence Ho’s announcement on Tuesday.

“Cyprus’ first integrated resort which will place Cyprus on the world tourism map and attract visitors not just from the surrounding region but also from the whole of Europe and around the world,” Ho said.

It is expected to be operational by 2021 and estimates are that it will attract some 300,000 tourists per year.

Melco has a majority 70.74% stake in the resort with local partners GNS holding the remaining 29.26% stake.

Once completed the “City of Dreams – Mediterranean” will boast 136 gaming tables, 1,200 slot machines, 500 hotel rooms, 11 restaurants along with retail outlets, a wellness centre and sports facilities.

Predictions on income once fully operational vary but the latest study by PWC says that Cyprus could see an increase of 700 million euros a year to the economy, at the same time creating 2,100 jobs on a permanent basis and 11,000 jobs while in the construction phase.

As part of winning the license which lasts for 30 years and 15 years exclusively Melco while developing the resort can open 4 satellite casinos, one in each of the four major cities on the island but with only slot machines. The only casino with live gaming tables will be Nicosia with a limited number of tables.

Press Releases
74

Free VPS Trial

No Credit Card Required.

Recent Posts

How To Extend Root Partition using Home Partition space in CentOS

How To Extend Root Partition using Home Partition space in CentOS

30 May, 2024

NetShop ISP to Attend iFX EXPO International 2024 and Announce Global Infrastructure Expansion

NetShop ISP to Attend iFX EXPO International 2024 and Announce Global Infrastructure Expansion

23 May, 2024

TNFX Broker Partners with NetShop ISP to Offer Low-Latency Forex VPS to Traders

TNFX Broker Partners with NetShop ISP to Offer Low-Latency Forex VPS to Traders

14 May, 2024

How to Install Nginx, MySQL, PHP on Ubuntu 22.04 (LEMP)

How to Install Nginx, MySQL, PHP on Ubuntu 22.04 (LEMP)

10 May, 2024

How To Migrate from MongoDB Atlas to self-hosted Ubuntu 22.04 Server

How To Migrate from MongoDB Atlas to self-hosted Ubuntu 22.04 Server

15 April, 2024

#letushostyou

Award Winning Hosting Provider established in 2004.

120 Faneromenis Avenue, Imperial Tower, 2nd Floor, Larnaca 6031, Cyprus

Products

Bare Metal Servers

Customized Servers

Virtual / Cloud Servers

Forex VPS

Storage VPS

cPanel Web Hosting

Reseller Web Hosting

Colocation

Addons

Premium DNS

Email Hosting

Cloud Backup

DDoS Protection

Licenses

SSL Certificates

Domain Names

Premium SLAs

About Us

Data Center Locations

Looking Glass

Our Company

Contact Us

Careers in Cyprus

Become a Partner

Awards

Certifications

© 2024 S.S. NetShop Internet Services Ltd. All rights reserved.  Terms & Conditions  |  Privacy Policy
CY Reg. Number: HE 217340 | EU VAT Number: CY10217340J

Visa
Mastercard
PayPal
Revolut
Wire Transfer