Microsoft have now made official to its Partners Network that specific products & licenses will have a price increase effective 1st of January 2022.
Below is the table of products that are impacted by the price increase:
|Product Family||Price Increase|
|Windows Remote Desktop SVCS SAL||10%|
|Windows Rights Management Services CAL||10%|
|Windows Server DataCenter Core||10%|
|Windows Server Standard Core||10%|
|Core Infrastructure Svr Ste DC Core||7%|
|Core Infra Svr Ste DC Core||5%|
|Office Professional Plus||10%|
|Office Multi Language Pack||10%|
|Visio Studio Enterprise||10%|
|Visio Studio Professional||10%|
|Visio Studio Test Professional||10%|
Windows Server 2022 FAQ
1. When will Windows Server 2022 be generally available in SPLA?
Windows Server 2022 was generally available in second half of August 2021 and was available in SPLA starting September 2021.
2. How much will Window Server 2022 cost?
The Service Provider License Agreement (SPLA) program will see price changes similar to price changes in commercial licensing:
• Windows Server Standard Edition prices will increase 10%
• Windows Server Datacenter Edition prices will increase 10%
• Windows Server is also available in SPLA as part of CIS suites. Prices for CIS Standard will increase by 5% and for CIS Datacenter by 7%.
New prices will be effective January 1, 2022.
3. Does the price increase affect older editions of Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016, 2019)?
Yes, as we provision the licenses through SPLA the price increase affects editions older than 2022 as well.
4. Are there any changes to licensing model for Windows Server 2022?
There are no changes to the licensing model for Windows Server 2022 Standard and Datacenter Editions
5. What are the new Remote Desktop Services (RDS) capabilities in Windows Server 2022?
Microsoft expanded its high availability support to the RDS licensing server, allowing customers to deploy multiple licensing servers for additional resiliency. Furthermore, since the launch of Windows Server 2019, Microsoft also introduced a number of new capabilities in web-client and RDS fundamentals.
Customers using RDS have been able to take advantage of improved experience for 4K and ultra-wide monitors and enhanced accessibility with improved screen reader compatibility. Furthermore, customers have seen improvements in resource management.
For example, Users can open resources via web-browser or by downloading .rdp to manage using another client. Finally, RDS supports offline use on internal networks. In addition, improvements to the RDS protocol bring improvements to remote content streaming. An improved display driver model for multisession VMs, and improvements to the protocol’s use of hardware, will mean better graphics performance and reliability for some users.
6. How much will RDS SALs for Windows Server 2022 Cost?
RDS SAL prices will increase by 10%. New prices will be effective January 1, 2022.
7. I am currently using an older version of Windows Server. Can I upgrade?
Yes, upgrades are possible between Microsoft Windows Server editions. Please contact our Customer Service team with information about your current edition so we can advise you further.